Case Study: Debottlenecking of an esterification process
Development of a mechanistic model accounting for phase equilibria (G/L/S)
- Established process (> 40 years) for the production of an ester
- Improving economics (OpEx) while minimizing investment
- Identification of the reaction pathway thanks to well targeted experiments
- Development of a mechanistic model accounting for phase equilibria (G/L/S)
- Identification of optimal conditions for the reaction
- Successful design of a continuous stirred tank unit ensuring optimal conditions
- >50% increase of annual production
- Reduction of raw material consumption and waste generation
Contact us to discuss your own challenges!
Ypso-Facto has been helping Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical companies optimize their processes since 2014. We offer technology enabled services and proprietary software to solve some of our industries biggest challenges : make (bio)pharmaceutical processes safer, more cost efficient, and environmentally friendly.
We have a unique approach based on technologies which can combine multiple dimensions:
- The educated guess or expertise of the experts, which we call G
- The use and contextualization of experimental data, which we call X
- And the predictive simulation based on mechanistic modelling, which we call P.
Depending on your product and process, we have mechanistic models that we can use, or we can work with your experimental data to build one. Altogether, that is our unique GPX approach.
#debottlenecking #ester #process #mechanistic #modeling #simulation #software