Basic Design: Making Process Diagrams a central tool for developing (Bio)processes.
Basic Design® is an application in Ypso-Proxima® to draw process diagrams and establish mass/heat balances.
- High level static representation of the process
- Use functional blocks for capturing key actions (mix, heat, let react, separate…)
- Perform mass/heat balances
- Focus on the essential without entering details of equipment choice and operations scheduling
- Get a clear representation of the process to ease communication and teamwork
- Reconciliate data from various sources to perform mass balances
- Get KPIs of your process with no ambiguity
- More detailed dynamic representation of the process with >25 equipment types (reactors, columns, etc) with possibility to mix batch and continuous operations
- Possible connection with an equipment database
- Perform mass/heat balances and calculate equipment occupancy
- Same as blocks but with more details (equipment choice and scheduling)
- Save time and standardize documentation with automatic Word export of the process