Ypso-Facto is an innovative company driven by its scientific background, providing disruptive software solution in predictive simulations for life science industries. We are seeking talented individuals to join our team and participate in the development of cutting-edge solution.
Importance of the role:
Are you a seasoned software tester with a passion for testing, development, and design? Do you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have a knack for identifying risks and errors in software? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are looking for a results-driven software tester to be responsible for designing and running tests on software usability. As a participant in the software development process, you will assist in the development of test plan and evaluate the quality of software components. Your main challenge will be to detect major software flaws (e.g. bugs, errors, failures, breakdowns, risks) in order to fix them and ensure the performance of the developed software.
This position will report to the head of Customer Success team and is based in Nancy, France. Remote working only available to a minor extent.
About the Customer Success team:
As a member of the Customer Success team, you will be part of a dynamic team with an increasing and transversal scope within the company. The Customer Success team ensuring our customers the best possible experience using our software. This implies having strong and continuous interactions with other team members of the firm. The customer’s satisfaction being a continuous improvement process, mid-term evolutions of the current position are possible.
Software Tester responsibilities:
- Document software testing results.
- Executing tests on software usability
- Participate in non-regression tests
- Evaluate test protocols to follow software developments
- Propose new test protocols to optimize software coverage
- Communicate with developers to help them effectively target critical areas of code
- Integrate into the pace of the sprints led by the software development team
- Working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work both independently and with a team to solve problems
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of various open-source testing tools
- Strong ability to recognize risks and errors in software
- Sharp analytical skills with an attitude to “Test to Break”
- You are a self-starter with initiative and aptitude to quickly learn and put new skills to use
- Willingness to learn and suggest process improvements
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- You have ideally previous experience in software testing.